Thargomindah Bike Track
Thargomindah has a fenced bike track for the kids to ride their bikes, located on Eccles St.
This bike track is for bicycles only. No motor bikes are to be ridden on the bike track.
- Bicycles are an important mode of transport for both our own personal health, and for the sustainability of our environment.
- Riding to work, school, or taking your bike on short trips is a convenient and practical way to incorporate regular exercise into your busy day.
- Bike riding uses minimal fossil fuels and is a pollution-free mode of transport.
- The cost of buying and maintaining a bike is around one per cent of the cost of buying and maintaining a car.
- Using your bike as your regular exercise activity instead of using the gym also allows you to save money on gym costs.
- Bikes do less damage to road surfaces than cars and are often quicker than cars over short distances of up to 5 km.