The Bulloo Shire Council owns and operates the sewerage system in the town of Thargomindah.
Premises in the towns of Hungerford and Noccundra have septic systems in use.
Sewerage/Septic Application Form (PDF)
Effluent Disposal System
The Thargomindah Cemetery Irrigation Recycled Water Scheme is a registered scheme with the Queensland’s Department of Energy and Water Supply (DEWS). A Recycled Water Management Plan is not required, as the following do not apply:
- the scheme is a critical recycled water scheme
- the recycled water is supplied to augment supply of drinking water via a source supply (eg: a dam)
- the recycled water is supplied to premises by way of a dual reticulation system
- the recycled water is supplied for use in irrigating minimally processed food crops
- the recycled water is supplied for a use prescribed under a regulation made under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008.
For further information please contact Council's Customer Service on (07) 4621 8000.