Administrative Access Scheme
The Bulloo Shire Council's Administrative Access Scheme allows people to access personal information through a streamlined process, without having to apply through a formal Information Privacy (IPA) or Right to Information (RTI) application process.
Information which may be accessed
- Certain types of non-personal information
- Details about your personal information (as defined in the Information Privacy Act 2009) – but not the personal information of another individual unless consent has been provided or is authorised under law
In some cases the Bulloo Shire Council may blank out some information before providing it, this is done to protect people's privacy or to protect confidential information.
Information that is exempt under this scheme includes:
- information that's release is prohibited under law
- information relating to a current investigation or prosecution (not closed) or other law enforcement activity
- information that is subject to legal professional privilege
Generally forwarding addresses will not be released under this scheme.
Administrative Access applications
Applications can be made in writing, in person or over the phone. Requests must include the applicant's full name, signature, contact details and provide enough detail about the information that is being requested. All written requests must be signed and email requests must include a scanned attachment containing the applicant's signature.
The Bulloo Shire Council is committed to protecting the privacy of its client's information and only releases information where it is authorised to do so.
Fees and charges
There is no application fee associated with making a request however the Bulloo Shire Council reserves the right to impose fees to reproduce or provide access to the information.
Other ways to access information
Access to information may also be gained by:
- making an application under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld)
- making an application under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld)
A formal request under the RTI or Privacy Act can be lodged by filling out the Right to Information application form (PDF) and lodge it with Council.
Bulloo Shire Council
PO Box 42
Thargomindah Q 4492
Phone: 07 4621 8000
Fax: 07 4655 3131