Town Water Supplies
The Bulloo Shire Council owns and operates the water supply network in the towns of Thargomindah and Hungerford.
Broken and Leaking Water Mains
A broken or leaking water main, stopcock, hydrant or valve should be reported to Council's Customer Service on (07) 4621 8000.
The owner is responsible from the property boundary to the house and should obtain the services of a licensed plumber to repair their internal service.
The Bulloo Shire Council owns and operates the sewerage system in the town of Thargomindah.
Premises in the towns of Hungerford and Noccundra have septic systems in use.
Effluent Disposal System
The Thargomindah Cemetery Irrigation Recycled Water Scheme is a registered scheme with the Queensland’s Department of Energy and Water Supply (DEWS). A Recycled Water Management Plan is not required, as the following do not apply:
- the scheme is a critical recycled water scheme
- the recycled water is supplied to augment a supply of drinking water via a source supply (eg: a dam)
- the recycled water is supplied to premises by way of a dual reticulation system
- the recycled water is supplied for use in irrigating minimally processed food crops
- the recycled water is supplied for a use prescribed under a regulation made under the Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008.
For further information please contact Council's Customer Service on (07) 4621 8000.