A planning scheme provides future direction and guides the way development occurs in a local government area. They can help Council to:
- ensure that there is enough land available for housing, parks, community facilities, industry and business uses
- ensure that incompatible land uses do not impact on one another
- ensure development is designed and carried out appropriately
- protect resources such as waterways, vegetation and agricultural land
- provide more efficient infrastructure such as water, sewerage and road networks.
Click Here for the Bulloo Shire Planning Scheme.